Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Elementary Math Skills No Longer Required To Teach.

13 F's
4 D's
3 C's
3 B's
1 A

That was the test range in my college algebra class yesterday. My teacher said, "This class overall did better than my other classes, more of you passed than failed." 11 people pass and 13 people fail, but in his brilliant calculation more passed than failed; and we did better than the other class? Apparently in algebra 11 is greater than 13. Genius, pure genius. Oh and he cant grade on a curve because somehow it would, "hurt the scores of those who got an A. Im not sure how it would hurt a 95 by giving him 20 extra points but heaven forbid the one A become an A+ . Tectonic plates might shift and Y might no longer = mx+b, ahhhhh!

j.

4 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess you were the A looking
to be an A+??

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger David Perry said...

That's really insane.. I'm a certified math teacher...
Makes me sad...

I can count though, and sent that out to you a bit ago, so you should get it soon.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J, it's too bad you aren't here. Josh has decided he likes football. Sunday afternoons have gotten much more interesting around here. I still don't cook but at least there's something good to watch on tv!

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hellooo....you were tagged two days ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home