Wednesday, September 14, 2005

All Style & No Class

Have you ever wondered what goes through people's minds when they get themselves dressed in the morning? At what point between rubbing the sleep out of your eyes and walking to your dresser is it a good idea to pick out the articles of clothing that will cover your body (and that is the point of clothes contrary to popular belief) for the day.
It is one of the most important daily tasks and yet there is often little or no thought put in. Especially on campus I am petitioning for a no pj's in the dining hall rule in the handbook. That goes for guys and girls. If you have a thing for glow in the dark buzz lightyear footy pj's that's cool but don't feal free to share with rest of us.
And if puppydog pj's wern't enough we also like to wear our gym clothes all day long. Nothing makes a man more attractive than a muscle shirt and athetic shorts (ephasis on the short). OOoo those bulging biceps o wait thats just your XS shirt from banana republic that "shrunk in the wash".
Ladies sometimes rock the athletic look but latlely i'v seen a lot more leg than and a lot less skirt. I wonder if they get a "they use more material in a pair of sox" discount on those little things. At some point they might as well just wear a belt and a bathing suit. Or even better a pair of those mini shorts with the writing on the back that says "stare lustfully here"
Im still convinced that sweatpants should be made illegal in 48 states along with loony-toons tshirts and nascar hats. Which by the is the outfit of choice for any true southern male. Comes with a frew pack of skoal (chewing tobaco) and a styrophome cup. To completly rock this ensamble a red neck and a grimey mustache are required.
I could go on there are the
(I graduated as a home schooler and this the first time I have been allowed to wear jeans, which were handed down to me by my sister who bought them in 1987 girls)

(I love comic books and xbox and steve urkel is my hero guys)

(I dress like those black people I see on mtv even though I grew up in Welsley, white boys)

(My second home is at express or the I just walked out of the A&F catalog guys)

(I died my hair and comb it infront of my face while wearing bandanas around my knees and chains on my hip with a studded belt and a tight t-shirt I got from hot topic kids)

(The boys who wear womens flair boot cut jeans but arn't metrosexuals)

on and on the list goes... What are some fasion fo paux that drive you nuts.

8 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a girl last week with very long (biker-type) chains hanging from either side of her waistband, crossing behind her legs, and attached to the sides of her very large, loose jeans. Very distracting, and very strange.

Oh, and then there are the girls who wear those hipster jeans too tight, with a cropped shirt that they keep pulling down (unsuccessfully) and leave their spare tire hanging out for all to see their unflattering figure. (Puh-leeeeze, hide those lumps! How can you stand everyone seeing how lumpy you are?!)

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with "deb" (Mrs. Flack as I know her). also, I don't like when people tuck their shirts in and and hike their pants way up, it makes me feel so uncomfortable!

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger nicole said...

People that only wear clothes from your local K-mart but they spend $400 on a tatoo.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hippie social justice type--grubby long skirts, lots of wierd layers, glasses, maybe with their hair in corn-rows or in dreadlocks.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

girls who forgot that belts are only helpful to hold up pants and wear them as skirts.

boys who think that belts without pants are hot.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger sam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger sam said...

Since moving to MN we've seen too many girls with pants so low, their thongs are hanging out. And men around here don't seem to think a shirt is important, no matter what your shape or size. Cover up please!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger 르네 said...

maybe we should reinstate the burlap sack rule...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home